The University of Melbourne offers the International Undergraduate Scholarships for foreign undergraduate students wishing to study in Australia.
The International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University’s student population.
Eligible undergraduate applicants are invited to apply for this scholarship award.
To be considered for a fee remission scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
- have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
have achieved excellent final year school results, such as:
- 4 A-grades in the GCE A Levels
- an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program,
- overall 98% in an approved Foundation program
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44; and
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program);
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT Australia and New Zealand)
University of Melbourne, Australia
Fields of study
Any undergraduate degree offered at the University of Melbourne
Number of awards
Usually 50 award scholarships are offered per annum under this program
Duration depend on the type of scholarship awarded, ranging from awards that cover only the first year to awards that cover the whole duration of undergraduate degree programs. See ‘Scholarship benefits’ below for more.
The International Undergraduate scholarship provides one of the following benefits:
- a one off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree.
Method of Application
Applicants must submit an online application form here stating clearly the following:
- First and Last name of applicant as it appears in his/her credentials.
- Residential Address of applicant.
- Educational qualification(s)
- Email address.
- You must clearly indicate the language you speak (i.e. English/French).
- Follow the beneath format